Saturday, September 09, 2006

Stumbling

I have to mention Chris Dillow of Stumbling and Mumbling, because he has so many interesting things to say. As far as I can tell from his profile, he is not really an economist, but for someone who plays an economist on the Internet, he gives a very convincing performance. He seems to write from the perspective of a sensible left-wing libertarian. There are sensible left-wingers, and there are sensible libertarians, and there are left-wing libertarians, but it never occurred to me before that you could get all three into one package.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

knzn, aren't you a "sensible left-wing libertarian" too? You are more a libertarian economist than a lefty. You rather believe the result of reasoning than a left lean political viewpoint.
Thank you for pointing to that interesting blog.

Sat Sep 09, 06:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, many thanks.
I tell journalists I'm an economist, as it excuses my inability to write. And I tell economists that I'm a journalist, as it depresses their expectations, and so makes it easier to impress them.

Sun Sep 10, 08:20:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home